More Information about the VAT
Experience and Expertise
- We have a unique vulnerability assessment laboratory.
- We help users choose seals and design the optimum use protocols.
- We have developed seals training curriculum for DoD.
- We have demonstrated defeats of many widely used tags and seals (electronic, fiber optic, passive, and tamper-evident packaging), including those used for critical applications.
- Our team has designed new seals, based on the good and bad features of existing seals, plus novel ideas.
- We've performed demonstrations, vulnerability assessments, and consulting for a dozen government agencies and eleven private companies.
- We focus on rapid, low-tech attacks that almost anyone can do.
- We've devised fundamentally new approaches to tamper detection, intrusion detection, nuclear safeguards and cargo security.
- Team members have won numerous awards, including: 2013 CSO40 Award, Fellows Prize for Outstanding Research (2003), Contractors Award (2003), LANL Achievement Awards (2003, 1999, & 1996), Excellence in Performance Measure Award ($1000) from ASIS (2002), Distinguished Performance Award from a U.S. government agency (2002), LANL Distinguished Performance Awards (2001 & 1995), LANL Student Mentoring Award (1999), Excellence in Technology Transfer Award (1997), R&D 100 Awards (1994 & 1992), and a dozen U.S. patents.
- We are serving on three national panels for seal standards.
Last Modified: Mon, September 30, 2013 7:45 PM