Some of Our 20+ New Seals:
- MagTag tag, seal, trap, and real-time monitor
- Glass & Powder Seal - for cargo security
- Beads-in-a-Box Seal - volumetric seal
- Theodolite Seal - remotely read seal
- Plug Seal - for containers with no hasp
- 3D Profiling- tag & seal
- One-Time Keypad “Seal” - for intrusion detection
- Magic Slate Seal - passive anti-evidence seal (fully reusable)
- Triboluminescence Seal - for high security
- RJ Lock/Seal - protects computer ports
- Time Trap - $8 in quantities of 1; fully reusable; no hardware outside the container
- Talking Truck Cargo Seal - inexpensive, "anti-evidence" high-tech seal brought down to the human level
- Blinking Lights Seal - extremely simple, low-cost electronic seal
(Many are based on a novel anti-evidence approach to tamper detection. A number do not require a hasp.)
For more information on the theory behind these new seal concepts, see RG Johnston, "The 'Anti-Evidence' Approach to Tamper Detection", Packaging, Transport, Storage & Security of Radioactive Material 16, 135 (2005).
For a selection of VAT papers available upon request, see Publications.
For copies of the VAT papers and presentations on a wide variety of physical security issues (tags, seals, product counterfeiting, vulnerability assessments, RFIDs, GPS, nuclear safeguards), contact Roger Johnston at
Each link below goes to the full text patent (made available at the United States Patent and Trademark Office). If you wish to view any of the images, you will need to download a viewer available from the US Patent Office.
- "Magnetic Vector Field Tag and Seal", U.S.
Patent 6,784,796, August 31, 2004
Download as PDF document [660KB]
- "Enhanced Tamper Indicator", U.S.
Patent 6,588,812, July 3, 2003
Download as PDF document [971KB]
- "Tamper-Indicating Device Having a Glass Body", U.S.
Patent 6,553,930, April 29, 2003
Download as PDF document [575KB]
- "Triboluminescent Tamper-Indicating Device", U.S.
Patent 6,394,022, May 28, 2002
Download as PDF document [790KB]
Last Modified: Tue, October 1, 2013 11:44 AM