Argonne to Host Energy Showcase on September 15
Our heartfelt "Thank you" to all our visitors. We appreciate the opportunity
to share our exciting research with you. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Argonne as
much as we did!
Check out the Energy Showcase photos from Argonne’s Nuclear Energy Exhibit and the Energy Showcase displays on nuclear engineering research that were located in Bldg. 208 and in one of the tents.
View Photos | Download Posters & Fact Sheets
ARGONNE, Ill. (Aug. 31, 2012) — Argonne will open its gates to the community on Saturday, September 15, from 9am to 4:00pm for a day of discovery and fun for the whole family. The event is free and open to the public and it will be held rain or shine.
The Nuclear Engineering Division will actively participate in this event with activities inside and outside Building 208, the home of the Nuclear Engineering Division. Scheduled activities include:
- Guided tours of Argonne's Nuclear Energy Exhibit;
- Displays demonstrating equipment from the MAX experiment, robotics work, and computer aided-design.
- In addition we will have displays in room A-138 of Bldg. 208 and in a tent across from Bldg. 208 discussing
- There will
also be a slide show in A-138 describing the elements that make up a nuclear reactor and
nuclear power plant.
More information about these and other Nuclear Engineering activities can be found by navigating our website. If you have further questions, please contact us.
Directions to the laboratory are available here.
Below is a partial list of posters and fact sheets we will present at the Argonne Energy Showcase. You will also find some posters and fact sheets presented by NE at the Argonne Open House events in 2006 and 2009.
Nuclear Energy & Nuclear Reactors
- Visit our Nuclear Energy Learning Resources web site for an extensive list of web sites and resources to learn about nuclear energy.
- Nuclear Energy Exhibit: The five-page article (and photos) from the
April 2009 issue of Nuclear News covering the December 2, 2008 grand reopening of the exhibit
is also available: Celebration
marks opening of renovated historical exhibit at Argonne
- Advanced Reactor Concepts [ 1.9MB]
- Fuel Cycle Technology Program - at the DOE website
- Nuclear Energy Advanced Modeling & Simulation - at the DOE website
- Check also our site about the Reactors Designed by Argonne National Laboratory and learn about the key role played by Argonne in nuclear energy research & development since the first day of its existence.
- Make sure to browse also the section about Argonne’s Nuclear Science & Technology Legacy.
Posters and Fact Sheets
Featured at the Argonne Energy Showcase 2012:
- About Us [ 1.6MB]
- Factoids about Nuclear Energy [ 6.1MB]
- Nuclear Engineering Simulations [ 9.4MB]
- Nuclear Engineering Simulations – Efficiency [ 4.6MB]
- Robotics [ 7.9MB]
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle [ 1.7MB]
- How Much Energy Do We Really Need? [ 1.5M B]
- Future Generation Reactors [ 1.6MB]
- International Programs [ 192KB]
- Trying to Put Radiation Risk in Perspective [ 1.5MB]
- Leading the Way: A More Secure Energy Future (RERTR) [ 3.0MB]
- Get in Contact with Argonne’s Nuclear Engineering Division (Handout) [ 602KB]
- Overview Presentation [ 3.1MB, Powerpoint Presentation]
Presented by NE at the Argonne Open House events in 2006 and 2009:
- Great missions seeking great minds - Information for students [457KB]
- Factoids on:
Reducing the threat of nuclear weapon proliferation, Hydrogen economy, Nuclear energy roots at Argonne, Future of energy [927KB]
- Why Nuclear Energy? [115KB]
- Nuclear Energy - Enabling a Sustainable
Nuclear Energy Future
Last Modified: Tue, November 17, 2015 8:38 AM